If you are having issues with Gutenberg editor, please simply download official Classic editor plugin.
Haven't found you're looking for? Visit goodstore howto web

A page of posts where each post takes to a page of posts where each post takes to a page of posts...

• Greetings and thanks for a wonderful theme!

I'm sure it can be done but I just can't figure it out. I'm trying to implement a Pinterest-like -magazine. The landing page would show the posts in the main category. When I choose a post I'd end up in a "sub-magazine" that contains posts under that category. When I'd choose a post in this "sub-magazine" I'd end up in a "sub-sub-magazine" that shows the posts under its parent category.

Let me illustrate:

I've tried creating a post-category as in ...well post categories... hierarchy like this:

a
    -a1
    --a11
    --a12
    --a13
    --a14
    -a2
    --a21
    --a22
    ---a221
    ---a222
    ---a223
    --a23
    -a3
    -a4
    b
    -b1
    -b2

And so forth. What I'd like to see on the landing page are categories "a" and "b" as boxes as usual. When I click "a" I'd like to see posts "a1", "a2", "a3", and "a4" as nice boxes as usual. 

When I click "a2" I'd like to see posts "a21", "a22", and "a23" as nice boxes as usual.

When I click "a22" I'd like to see posts "a221", "a222", "a223" as nice boxes as usual. 

And when I eventually click - say "a222" I'd like to see the article with reviews, comments and all the goodies one can attach to a post. The breadcrumbs would show "home/a/a2/a22/a222".

And of course I'd also like post "a223" to actually be post "b" so that when I click that, I'd see posts "b1" and "b2" as nice boxes as usual. And the breadcrumbs showing "home/b".

Of course if this kind of hierarchical drill-down-structure isn't possible I'd really like to know that too ASAP so I can look elsewhere and perhaps reuse FlyingNews somewhere else.

Thanks for anyone for assistance.
  • All following comments are shown for registered users only!

(1 next comment)
This discussion has been solved.
All Discussions